Monday, November 9, 2009

Movie Review Monday

A Christmas Carol

starring Jim Carrey

Haleigh chose this for her birthday movie. Ever since she was four, it has been a tradition to take Haleigh to a movie for her birthday. (no surprise, we love going to the movies!) Before I review this movie, I thought it would be fun to share some of the past movies we have seen for her birthday.
In no particular order: Chicken Little, Brother Bear, Beverly Hills Chihaua (no clue how to spell that), High School Musical 3, and one of or favorites, Santa Claus 2.

It is easy to say A Christmas Carol ranks close up to Chicken Little! A little better, I'll give it that.
We all know the story of Scrooge & the ghosts of Christmas pasts. Jim Carrey was great at playing Scrooge & just like Polar Express, the animation was fantastic. Unlike Polar Express, A Christmas Carol will not be easy for kids to watch.

This was a scary movie!!!!! Too scary. Way overdone & unnecessary. Not to say there weren't some fine moments of carolers, and snow falling. And I can't forget Tiny Tim & his family. The ending was great but the substance of the movie was ruined by so many scary images. Even for my kids who tend to like scary things. What a shame. A great alternantive is Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol. Cheaper too!!


GRADE:
C

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Ugh. I hate that they did this to the movie! Guess we won't be taking Aidan to see it. :(
What a disappointment. Maybe Pat & I would see it w/o the kids. Think it's enjoyable that way?

Regardless, I hope you all had fun for her b-day movie!

Greg said...

I thought you were giving it a B?!