Sunday, August 23, 2009

See Ya Summer

The calendar may say that summer officially ends in September, but it's over in our, uh, apartment ( I refuse to say house). First week of school under our belt, two quizzes, one test and plenty of homework. Two weeks ago Jack would pound on Haleigh's door at 11am begging her to wake up and now easily she rises with her alarm set at 6:45am.
This is one summer I'm thrilled to say goodbye to. Not the best one but I'd be a brat if I said it was all bad. Here is my recap. Good & bad.

June 3rd: Last day of 4th grade!!!! (a year of all A's I just have to add)
we all go see "UP" fantastic movie!!!! A+ Haleigh's friend Ann spends the night.
June 11th: Haleigh & Jack go to Tweetsie Railroad w/ Mom, Dad, John, Erin & S, P , A. Jack does GREAT spending the night w/ out me!!!
June 16th: Found out we did NOT get approved for a mortgage. A week later we tell our wonderful realtor who worked with us for 3 months.

We quickly decide to move into an apartment to save money. So far not so good!!

JUNE 25th: MICHAEL JACKSON DIES
I spend the next two days crying, mainly for the memories & the incredible impact he had on my childhood.



That same day our ass of a governor, Mark Sanford, admits (only because he was practically caught) to having an affair. Wow, am I bad judge of character. I had so much respect for that guy. As of this date, Jenny Sanford has kicked him out & I am hoping we soon hear of an impending divorce. She needs to set an example that it is not ok to stand by your man simply because of public office. Jenny Sanford has four boys to think about. Obviously our governor wasn't doing the same. Jenny Sanford is beautiful, well-educated (once worked on Wall Street) and had millions before Mark entered the picture. Sucker!!!

July 5th: Sarah Palin announces her resignation as governor of Alaska. (Is my world ending????) My parents are hopeful it's due to a pregnancy. I believe (more so after talking to Greg) that she is revving up for 2012!

July 24th: We are headed for a weekend to Charleston!!!! Had a great time with Greg & seeing lots of sights! The pics on facebook says it all. :)

July 27th:
received a letter from our landlords that not only we aren't getting back any of our $850 security deposit, but they claim we owe them an additional $250. sorry, even after talking to Fr. Steve, I loathe them.

August 1st: after a horrible day, it ends with a car accident. Haleigh & Jack were NOT hurt. enough said.

August 15th: Go to Tennessee for a terrific weekend with all of our family (well, almost all). It was a lot of fun & wish we could've stayed longer. I'm worried about our brother Steve. I love Liz like a true sister & Nick is about to start college. He doesn't need to be worried about his Mom. Hopefully the best will come out of this. Prayers Prayers Prayers!!!!

Well, there you have it. More or less. We did see lots of great movies, did a lot of swimming & right across the street from us is a cute little ice cream shop. Not all bad I know. But next summer I better be singing a different tune.

Here is to a terrific Fall!!

* must say thanks to Sharon & Erin. Sharon, for the shred dvd. when I do it it is a great outlet. thank you! Erin, for the books. love them more than I thought.

Thanks to both of you for the gifts. Both have kept me from going over the edge.



3 comments:

Sharon said...

Aw, you're welcome. ;) It's a great outlet for me, too. Although I skipped it today due to too much wine at the in-laws.

Summer wasn't all bad, but yes, a rough one. Maybe I'll copy you & do a Goodbye Summer post, too. Well, as of Wed, anyway. (Aidan's 1st day)
We had many rough moments over here, too. You are not alone.

I am sure next summer you WILL be singing a different tune. Until then, we look forward to seeing you in November! (at least Aidan & I!)

Erin said...

Sorry you had such a bad summer. I am ready for the summer to be over and for the cooler weather to be here. If it makes you feel any better our summer isn't ending so well.

Erin said...

Oh and I am glad that you are as obsessed with Twilight as I am :)