Monday, September 14, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW MONDAY

Revolutionary Road: starring Leonardo Decaprio & Kate Winslet

The Time Travelers Wife: starring Rachel McAdams & Eric Bana (I think!) for sure The Notebook girl

Duplicity: starring Julia Roberts & Clive Owen

Talk about disappointment! Alright, I'm not totally pathetic, I didn't watch ALL of these this weekend. I'm out of order too but isn't that the theme of my life?
I saw Time Travelers Wife with my friend Tammy. We were trying to see Julie & Julia (her choice) but we didn't make it in time. I couldn't convince her to see "District 9" (alien movie) so we agreed on this.
I really like Rachel McAdams. Haven't seen her in much but I LOVE The Notebook & I really liked her in "Red Eye". "The Time Travelers " is based on a novel which I didn't read but the prreviews looked really good. I honestly can't remember all the details of the movie (plus I'm running late for work) but Rachel falls in love with a man who, as a child, was in a bad car accident. As a result, he somehow is able to travel in time. Cool right? well, not when you don't have any control over when it happens. It happens- A LOT. When he returns,he doesn't know the year, where he is & he is a nude! Not all bad since he had quite the cute tush. The problem I had was it a bit hard to follow & it was so depressing at times! My friend Tammy really cried & I just kinda thought, "I really should've bought some candy".
GRADE: B-
Revolutionary Road: loved Leo & Kate in "Titanic" (who didn't?) but wow, sooo different. Ok, takes place in the 1950's, she's unhappy as a housewife, her bahavior is quite erratic & Leo does his best but does have an affair. Again, depressing & ALMOST a disturbing abortion scene. ALMOST-the intent is there.
GRADE: C-

Duplicity: wasted $5 damn dollars. I want my $$$ back Julia-you over-paid democrat. The previews made this movie look soooo good. Maybe I'm not intelligent enough for this movie-I'll give it that. But after the first hour I said forget it!
GRADE: NA/ D- for what I watched! No wonder it bombed!!!!!

Happy Movie watching!!!!! :) don't forget, 9/23/09
WIZARD OF OZ in theaters 1day only!!!


2 comments:

Erin said...

We started watching Duplicity but never finished it. It wasn't very good. Haven't seen Revolutionary Road and now I don't know if I want to. And that is too bad about Time Traveler's Wife. It looked really good.

You should really have Wizard of Oz birthday. I saw all the decorations when I was looking for Addie.

And one more thing 65 days!!!!!

Liz Sanda said...

I just want to say Happy Happy Birthday!!! I am planning on calling you tonight to hear your voice. Hope your day is wonderful!

Love ya,

Liz