Monday, April 7, 2008

Not so Negative

My day started out so crappy, Haleigh home from school sick, Jack had a terrible night coughing & before 10am the phone rang at least 3x! When my kids are up half the night-we sleep in!!!!! Luckily they both had doctor appointments in the afternoon, I was never so excited to sit in a room for an hour an a half the size of my bathroom. I love their doctor, I refer him to as many people I can who have asthma &/or allergies that live anywhere in the upstate-he is that good. No surprise they both have bronchitis, I do think Haleigh caught it from Jack but that's just the way it goes when a kid has asthma. It is still so frustrating after all these years but Haleigh & Jack amaze me, they take ALL their meds like pros, no fight. I get my strength from them because it is so easy to feel low when they (mostly Jack now) are sick so much. I know it could be so much worse. I've gotten a tiny glimpse into that "world" of real diseases & I am so thankful for all those negative results! Negative can be a great thing. Haleigh has been lucky to get 2 negative results-her best test scores ever has far as I'm concerned, once for leukemia & once for cystic fibrosis. I don't think Jack will have to take those tests, I hope not anyways. But for all the kids who have that ahead of them, I will think all negative.

1 comments:

Greg said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad day and that the kids are sick. I pray that they get well soon. They sure are troopers, aren't they? Please tell them that I miss them!! :)